Donnerstag, 15. März 2012

The 281e Quad Function Generator

This was actually my first real Buchla Module. But the first one I had to sell. So after I recived my 259e I picked this one up on Muffs as it was already in Europa and so I avoided the usual import taxes. It was realy nice of the seller to include a double banana plug.

The 281e is a very usefull, fun and also important modules for the Buchla system. It is basicaly four simple Attack Release transient envelope generators in one module. It is not as esoteric as some other Buchla modules but it does what it does pretty well. It can be used as a simple LFO but there is one downside to it. Without a voltage processor like the 256e or the 254v by Mark Verbos the 281e in cycling mode won't go slower than 10 seconds. But appart from that I totaly love it. Reminds me of the days when I still had my Eurorack and used my Math with the QMMG.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen